Alex Mitchell played 90 minutes and kept a clean sheet as Leyton Orient moved into the Sky Bet League Two automatic promotion places with a 4-0 thumping of Oldham Athletic on Saturday afternoon.
Goals from Aaron Drinan, Tom James, Theo Archibald and Harry Smith secured the three points for The O’s, who now sit in third place under the stewardship of Kenny Jackett.
Dan Moss, meanwhile, also completed the full game as Yeovil Town moved up to sixth in the Vanarama National League with a 3-0 win at Stockport County, but there were contrasting fortunes for Hayden Muller and Mahlon Romeo.
Muller's afternoon started off in perfect fashion as he assisted Michael O'Halloran's goal against Rangers at McDiarmid Park to put St Johnstone 1-0 up in the cinch Premiership, but strikes from Kemar Roofe and James Tavernier ensured a 2-1 success for the visitors.
Romeo, meanwhile, was a 57th-minute substitute for Kieron Freeman in Portsmouth's 1-0 Sky Bet League One defeat at MK Dons.
Sean O'Brien was an unused substitute as Bromley were defeated 3-2 at home by Boreham Wood in the Vanarama National League.
- Hayden Muller - Aberdeen v St Johnstone - Saturday 18th September (kick-off 3pm)
- Dan Moss - Yeovil Town v Altrincham - Saturday 18th September (kick-off 3pm)
- Sean O'Brien - Bromley v Barnet - Saturday 18th September (kick-off 3pm)
- Alex Mitchell - Leyton Orient v Southampton Under 21s - Papa John's Trophy - Tuesday 14th September (kick-off 7pm)
- Mahlon Romeo - Portsmouth v Cambridge United - Saturday 18th September (kick-off 3pm)
- Isaac Olaofe - Sutton United v Hartlepool United - Tuesday 14th September (kick-off 7.45pm)
Photo credit: Simon O'Connor