Millwall Football Club is pleased to reveal details of ‘Our Biggest Match’ - a conference being held at The Den which aims to bring together all EFL clubs, campaigning organisations and media personalities to discuss, debate and share best practice around anti-discrimination measures and initiatives.
The Lions have been working in partnership with Kick It Out, Show Racism The Red Card, the Football Supporters Association and The EFL in recent months in order to put together what the club hopes will be a ground-breaking event in further uniting everyone in football against discrimination, as well as best allowing clubs across the country to combat modern-day challenges.
Taking place on Monday 9th December, the conference aims to:
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the challenges around discrimination on matchdays
- Set-up and encourage a forum of sharing good practice between clubs
- Explore sanction and education processes across the entire EFL
- Understand the processes in place in dealing with the threat of social media
- Unite as one in winning ‘Our Biggest Match’
A long list of guest speakers, including club representatives, campaigners and attendees from the media, will take to the stage at the conference for the first of what Millwall hopes will be regular meetings, enabling clubs to consistently advance their own initiatives and enhance the collective drive to remove discrimination of all kinds from football.
The club would like to thank those who have contributed to its organisation and will provide further details in the build-up to the conference.