Millwall Football Club Academy is recruiting a Chartered Physiotherapist for the role of Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine. The candidate will hold both CSP and HCPC memberships, along with having some experience of working in an elite sport environment.
The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with a passion for sport and developing young athletes. Applicants will ideally have a track record of working in elite sport/professional football. Management experience will also be beneficial for this role.
- To manage the day-to-day operations of the Academy Sports Science and Medicine department across all phases
- To take over authorship of the departmental performance plan and ensure correlation of plan to daily activity
- To develop and provide effective communication strategies to all staff, players and parents regarding the departmental philosophy and operations
- To lead and manage all departmental staff through processes of appraisal and individualised CPD development strategies. Ensuring all qualifications are up-to-date and meet audit requirements
- To continue to progress and improve the academy athletic development strategy across all phases
- Ensure appropriate medical staffing across all venues including training, match day and tours etc.
- Manage and deliver a strategy for the maintenance of medical notes/records for all academy players in line with CSP and HCPC guidance
- To ensure all data is managed effectively in line with GDPR rules and regulations, including injury audits, testing data and performance statistics
- Chartered Physiotherapist - Essential
- HCPC and CSP Memberships - Essential
- Experience of working in sport - Essential
- Experience of staff management - Essential
- Positive and dynamic approach - Essential
- Flexibility (this role will include some evening and weekend work) - Essential
- First Aid Certification - Essential
- Masters Level Qualification - Desirable
- Sports Science background - Desirable
- Safeguarding Certification - Desirable
- Previous experience of EPPP and PMA - Desirable
- Advance trauma management qualification (ATMMIF) - Desirable
Application Deadline Date: Friday 9th November
Interviews: w/c Monday 12th November
Salary: To be discussed at interview
To apply for this post: Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any queries regarding this post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.