Millwall Football Club is recruiting a Junior Groundperson.
The selected candidate will primarily be working at The Lions' training ground, based at Calmont Road, Bromley.
Your responsibilities will include working with the club's team of ground staff to maintain five hectares of training pitches, where a high standard of presentation is required. You will also be required to support The Den's ground staff, which may include working matchdays. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a team of highly experienced ground staff and work for a leading club.
The ideal candidate is not required to have any formal experience, however they should be able to demonstrate a commitment to manual outdoor work and have the ability to operate a range of ground keeping machinery. The successful candidate will receive full training, along with the opportunity to gain formal ground-keeping qualifications.
Being self-motivated and an enthusiastic learner is essential, along with having the necessary skills to be highly productive when working both as part of a team and independently. It is also essential that the candidate is able to travel between both sites, whether this is by public transport or their own arrangements.
• Preparing and maintaining sporting facilities, including pitch surfaces to recognised national standards and to the satisfaction of all users
• Providing ground staff support as required for matches/fixtures
• Undertaking any other reasonable duties
• The successful Junior Groundsperson will perform day-to-day operations at the training ground and will be expected to work independently in the absence of line manager.
• The ability to work well as part of a team
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
• Must be able to work without supervision
The role's hours are 7am-3pm Monday-Friday, with an expectation to work as required to fulfil the needs of the business, such as home matchdays, on both weeknights and weekends.
Millwall Football Club PLC values diversity within our business. We have a philosophy of equal opportunity for all.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Saturday 30th June 2018.