A rare opportunity has arisen to join Millwall Football Club's newly-promoted First Team as their senior Physiotherapist.
The role includes leading the First Team Medical Department in the development and organisation of the assessment, treatment and education of the First Team squad.
In addition, the successful applicant will also be expected to take a significant role in the provision of development and education to the wider Sports Medicine team for the Club as a whole.
Key duties include:
- To lead and oversee the provision of medical care for the First Team
- To liaise with the manager, the Sports Science team and others as required on the care and injury status of players
- To travel with the team and provide pitch-side medical cover for all First Team matches
- To assess new signings and give appropriate medical guidance to the Manager
- To maintain secure, accurate and up-to-date medical records
- To ensure that FA Anti-Doping regulations are adhered to at all times
- To organise cardiac screening for all First Team players as well as undertaking annual medical testing
- To work with the Sports Science team to promote modern techniques and practises for the development of the players' well-being
- To manage the First Team medical budget
The following are mandatory for consideration for the role:
- At least 5 years post qualification practice in an elite sports environment
- BSc or Masters degree in Physiotherapy
- Valid HCPC and CSP registrations
- A current Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS) qualification, or equivalent/higher, as otherwise approved by the FA
- Relevant qualifications in pitch-side trauma management
- Staff management experience
- Excellent rapport building and motivational skills
To apply, please send a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com - be sure to include the job title, your current location and contact details when you apply.
Closing date is 30th June 2017.