Millwall Football Club are seeking an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to work on Main Reception at The Den.
Reporting to The Lions' Head of Events, you will be expected to act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to Millwall and to undertake a range of other administrative tasks as identified by your line manager.
The position entails greeting and welcoming visitors to The Den between the hours of 9am-5pm, ensuring they sign in the visitor's book and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival, operating the switchboard and taking brief messages and passing these on via the switchboard system.
Duties will also include:
- Keeping a record of staff and visitors signing in and out of the building
- Monitoring and ensuring that the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-like image
- In the event of a fire and/or any other emergency requiring staff to leave the building, to be responsible for ensuring that the vistor's book and staff movement sheets are removed from reception and taken to the outside meeting point
- Processing and delivering internal and external mail daily, as well as checking all costs are charged appropriately
- Ensuring that the franking machine is charged and maintained
- Checking and signing all deliveries and ensuring security of valuables
- On receipt of the appropriate request, booking couriers and taxis on behalf of members of staff
- Providing admin support to all departments as required, especially with the lead-up to a matchday or event
- Providing office supplies and maintaining adequate stocks; including ordering new supplies, identifying new suppliers and obtaining the best price for Millwall FC
Essential skills for this role include:
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard
- Computer literate and general office skills with a minimum one years' experience
- Ability to develop a growing knowledge of the business
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and colleagues with a smart and business-like appearance to the highest standard
Personal skills must include:
- Trustworthy, conscientious and reliable
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- A clear, polite and professional manner
You will be required to work 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and you will be expected to work as reasonably required to fulfil the needs of the business.
The post holder will not be required to work on home matchdays, on both weeknights and weekends.
Millwall Football Club values diversity within our business - we have a philosophy of equal opportunity for all.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Friday 1st September 2017.