Job opportunity with The LionsMillwall Football Club is looking to recruit a committed, knowledgeable and self-motivated sports scientist to join the Academy's sports science and medicine department.
The role of lead sports scientist is fundamental to the long-term vision of Millwall Football Club. The successful applicant will lead sports science services to all ages in the Academy and aid the head of sports science and medicine to ensure that the department attains all criteria for the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
On a day-to-day basis, the successful applicant will be responsible for working with full-time scholars (16-18-year-old), with day-release players and also with those from the U9-U15 age groups.
Applicants must be prepared to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Essential skill requirements:
- Degree in sports science (or another relevant discipline)
- Minimum three-years of post-graduate experience
- UKSCA Accreditation
- A sound understanding of EPPP
- Experience of working with young elite athletes, preferably in professional football
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating player load, E.G. GPS and heart rate data
- Current and valid First Aid certificate (Basis First Aid for sport is desirable)
- Full and clean driving licence
Please only apply if you meet the above criteria. Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday 19th September.
Due to the quantity of applicants expected, only those who are successful in reaching the interview stage will be contacted.
Tweets by @MillwallFC