Unique opportunity for 16 - 18 year olds
Millwall Community Trust is once again be offering a unique opportunity for talented 16 - 18 year old football players, both male and female, to pursue a two- year Football & Education Scholarship.
Wednesday 4th February 2015, 1.30 - 4pm
Wednesday 11th February 2015, 1.30 - 4pm
• Get a first class education that will get you to University?
• Gain qualifications to work in the sports industry?
• Train and compete in a professional sports environment?
• Become a football coach?
• Two-year programme delivered in partnership with Virtual Learning UK
• Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University
• Functional Skills Level 2 – Essential progression if you did not manage to attain a C grade in English or Maths
• FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football
• Compete in the British Sports Colleges League
• Professional coaching by UEFA 'B' Licence Coaches
• Emphasis on progressing players into Reserve and First Team football
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE's, or equivalent at C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those who just miss out on that all important C Grade in these core subjects.