Head of Education & Welfare vacancy
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Millwall FC Academy, as Head of Education & Welfare. The Academy has strong values in developing individuals through a holistic approach challenging all to be the best that they can be.
The Head of Education & Welfare position forms part of the Academy Management team and will have the responsibility of players Educational needs and general welfare of all individuals.
In particular they will be responsible for:
· To deliver and manage the ASSE (Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence) education programme, including NVQ and Functional Skills to ensure delivery to all scholars attending the Millwall Academy.
· To ensure that they have knowledge and documentation of the legal requirements regarding boys’ education and their education programmes up to the ages of 18 are kept up to date and accurate at all times.
· To coordinate the day to day running of Millwall FC Academy day release programme.
· To lead and develop good working relationships with all schools attended by Millwall registered players who are on Millwall day release programmes and to resolve any areas of conflict between schools, parents and Millwall FC.
· To represent Millwall Football Club at official FA and Football League educational conferences and seminars.
· To follow at all times Millwall Football Club’s Child Protection, Health, Safety and Equal Opportunity procedures to include Academy policies and players in local accommodation.
Personal qualities required to fulfill the job:
· Teaching Qualification/Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and relevant experience in a PE/sports performance environment
· Experience of delivering pastoral care
· Extensive teaching experience
· Outstanding communication and report writing skills
· Good organisational and IT skills (Word, Excel and Website management)
· The ability to liaise with coaches, physiotherapists and sport science personnel
· The ability to enthuse boys to fulfill their full potential both educationally and in their football development
· Genuine interests in ensuring all boys reach their full educational potential
· Outstanding inter-personal skills with all levels
· A willingness and ability to work flexibly
· Successful experience in a leadership / management capacity in an educational setting
· Relevant experience in a similar position (not just football related)
· Displays a high level of confidentiality
· Knowledge and understanding of the EPPP
The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a team whilst being self-motivated and able to manage own workload.
Interested applicants should send their CV with covering letter to Karen Wilson Academy Secretary, Millwall FC, Calmont Road, Bromley, BR1 4BZ
The job description can be downloaded and viewed here in full.
Head of Education & Welfare Job Description
The closing date for this position is Midday, on Monday 7th October 2013