Aged 14 to 25? Interested in sport?
Aged 14 to 25? Interested in sport? Apply now to be part of the Southwark Youth Sport Panel.
The Southwark Youth Sport Panel has been created to develop sport and physical activity for young people by young people.
The panel will help to establish the sport and physical activity needs of young people in Southwark and develop new, innovative projects to meet this need and promote a sporting habit for life.
The panel will contribute to the delivery of the Southwark Sport and Physical Activity strategy and influence the future direction of the service. It will provide an opportunity for young people to get directly involved in sports development and to become role models for their peers across the borough.
There are eight positions available on the panel and to be eligible you must:
• Be aged between 14 and 25 years old
• Live or be educated in the London borough of Southwark
• Have a keen interest in sport and physical activity
• Be willing to work in local communities
• Be happy to volunteer time for projects
• Be a team player
• Value the opinions of others
• Share creative and innovative ideas
• Have an understanding of equity and diversity issues
The panel will meet on a quarterly basis from 4 - 6pm at the Southwark Council offices at 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2TZ.
How to apply:
To be considered for the Southwark Youth Sport Panel you must complete the
You will be required to write (in less than 400 words) why you would like to be a member of the panel and what skills you can bring to the group.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 31 July 2013.
For more information on the Southwark Youth Sport Panel contact Jennie Platt on 020 7525 1125.