Proceeds to Save Lewisham Hospital campaign funds
Millwall's support for the Save Lewisham Hospital campaign remains unwavering with our fans helping to raise an incredible £12,000 of the £20,000 needed for the forthcoming Judicial Review.
Lions CEO Andy Ambler handed over a cheque for £5,000 to the Campaign, after the club pledged to match the first £5,000 raised by the public, saying: "I really hope the Judicial Review is successful and that Lewisham Hospital can continue to provide the excellent service to our local community that we have all benefited from down the years."
And not resting on our laurels, Millwall skipper Danny Shittu has personally signed his 'Save Lewisham A&E' t-shirt, as worn by the players in the FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley, which is now up for grabs in our 'Silent Auction' to further boost the Campaign Fund.
"The support that the Club has shown reflects how seriously we take our responsibility to our local community," said Danny, "And Lewisham Hospital is part of our community.
I hope that auctioning off my t-shirt (which says 'Save the Hospital, that's what we do') helps raise some more money for the Campaign Fund."
* Sealed bids can be made in writing to: 'Lewisham Hospital t-shirt sealed bid', Press Office, Millwall FC, The Den, London SE16 3LN.
* Sealed bids can also be handed in to the Press Department (normal office hours)
* The starting bid will be £20
* Please include your full name, address and contact telephone number when bidding
* The closing date for all sealed bids is 12noon Monday 24th June
* The winner will be contacted on Tuesday 25th June
PLEASE NOTE NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY PHONE OR VIA EMAIL.
All proceeds of this sealed bid will go to the Save Lewisham Hospital campaign fund.