Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

17 October 2020 Venue Adams Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - Championship

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview | Wycombe Wanderers v Millwall

Sky Bet Championship football returns...

17 October 2020

Millwall travel to Wycombe Wanderers in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday afternoon (kick-off 3pm).

The Lions head for Adams Park looking to bounce back from defeat at Swansea City last time out, as domestic football returns after the October international break.

Gary Rowett will be without Troy Parrott and Billy Mitchell for the trip to Buckinghamshire, but will otherwise have a full squad to choose from with regards to his starting line-up, including Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Shane Ferguson, who both returned from international duty on Thursday.

Saturday's game is available to watch in two ways: via a beamback at The Den, in which the club's VIP Hospitality Package offers a three-course meal and table service, or via an iFollow Match Pass, costing £10, with 100% of the revenue going directly to Millwall. Click the relevant links for more details and to purchase.

The manager has been speaking to ahead of this weekend's match against the newly-promoted side, whilst youngster Hayden Muller has also been in front of the camera, talking about his rapid rise to stardom in The Lions' first-team.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Lions battle to Wycombe victory

Our take from Adams Park...

17 October 2020

Millwall got back to winning ways on Saturday afternoon as a Jed Wallace penalty-kick and Ryan Leonard's strike earned a 2-1 win at Wycombe Wanderers.

Wycombe took an early lead as Scott Kashket punished an error from Bartosz Bialkowski, but after a relentless barrage of the Chairboys' goal finally got its reward with Jed Wallace smashing home a penalty early in the second-half, Leonard found space to rifle home the winner.

The Lions hit the woodwork three times over the course of the afternoon, including an incredible Jake Cooper strike from the halfway line.

Gary Rowett opted for a 4-2-3-1 formation against The Chairboys, recalling Murray Wallace, Connor Mahoney and Matt Smith into the starting XI, whilst Shane Ferguson and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson returned from international duty to take their places on the bench.

The afternoon started in equal fashion, but the first chance went the way of the home side, and it resulted in the first goal. A pass from Jake Cooper to Bartosz Bialkowski saw the goalkeeper take too long on the ball with nine minutes played, allowing Kashket to press and force the ball into the net.

The home side continued to probe from there as The Lions looked at sixens and sevens defensively, but the next opportunity did go the way of Millwall, however, Ryan Woods guided a shot wide.

With 23 minutes on the clock, The Lions were denied what looked to be a clear-cut penalty-kick after Tom Bradshaw was bundled to the floor as he latched on to Smith's knockdown, but referee Andrew Madley remained unmoved.

That injustice seemed to stoke the fire under Millwall, as Jed Wallace's deep free-kick found his namesake Murray at the back post, but the defender's header was well stopped by former Lions goalkeeper Ryan Allsop before being cleared to safety. Following that, another Jed Wallace cross, this time from the other side of the field, was nodded towards goal by Bradshaw but went slightly wide as Millwall began to take a grip of the game.

The latest man to cross the ball on 32 minutes was Mahoney as the one-way traffic continued, but Smith's stretching header went over the crossbar. The winger's free-kick four minutes later found a clutch of bodies at the far post but The Chairboys were able to poke the ball behind, before yet another free-kick, this time from Jed Wallace, was headed into the arms of Allsop by Shaun Hutchinson.

A minute from the end of the first-half - you guessed it - another Jed Wallace free-kick was whipped into the penalty area, this time the goal was found by the head of Murray Wallace, but the ball skimmed the top of the crossbar before going over.

Four minutes into the second-half, The Lions finally got their reward - and it came from the penalty spot. After Jed Wallace's cross saw Smith shoved to the ground, referee Madley pointed to the spot. Millwall's number seven picked up the ball and smashed it home to equalise.

Wycombe, however, nearly nudged themselves back in front just minutes later, first through a goalmouth scramble that ended with the ball being deflected behind, and then from Joe Jacobson's corner-kick, which went straight in - Madley and his assistant has spotted a foul, though, and disallowed the goal.

In a period full of action, it was The Lions who then almost took the lead, but Smith's header from Mahlon Romeo's cross hit the crossbar. An eventful half continued with The Chairboys attempting to creep forward in search of the next goal, with a counter-attack on the hour-mark seeing Mahoney's cross-field ball fall at the feet of Jed Wallace, but his lay-off to the onrushing Romeo was too long and found Allsop.

On 63 minutes, Millwall took a deserved lead. A Romeo cross saw the space open up for Smith to knock the ball down into the path of Leonard, who had the time to set himself before striking a half-volley into the net.

Gareth Ainsworth opted to bring Adebayo Akinfenwa into the game shortly after in an attempt to bring The Chairboys back into the game, but The Lions could have extended their lead with 17 minutes remaining - Smith headed a Ryan Woods cross inches wide, however.

Perhaps the most bizarre moment happened with a little under 15 minutes to go as, after Millwall were handed a free-kick, Cooper tried his luck from the halfway line - with Allsop stranded, it looked as though the ball would drop in, but it hit the crossbar - the third time it had been hit by The Lions during the game - and bounced to safety. The game was then stopped due to the net breaking as Allsop scrambled back.

With five minutes of normal time remaining, a delightful Jed Wallace ball into the box found the foot of Smith, but his effort was straight at Allsop. Owing to the net-related stoppage, six minutes of stoppage-time were issued - which became nine - but Millwall negotiated them to claim a deserved three points.

Wycombe Wanderers: Allsop, Grimmer, Jacobson, Stewart, Wheeler, Kashket, Knight, C. Thompson, Onyedinma (Horgan 66'), Adeniran (Mehmeti 78'), Samuel (Akinfenwa 64'). Subs not used: Stockdale, Bloomfield, Charles, Freeman.

Scorer: Kashket 9'

Booking: Knight

Millwall: Bialkowski, M. Wallace, Hutchinson, Cooper, J. Wallace, Bradshaw (Thompson 82'), Smith (Pearce 90+5'), Romeo, Leonard, Woods, Mahoney (Ferguson 90+2'). Subs not used: Fielding, Williams, Malone, Bodvarsson.

Scorer: J. Wallace pen 49', Leonard 63'

Referee: Andrew Madley

Advertisement block

Advertisement block