Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

18 July 2020 Venue Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - Championship

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview | Queens Park Rangers v Millwall

A London derby awaits...

17 July 2020

Millwall travel to West London on Saturday as they take on Queens Park Rangers in the Sky Bet Championship (kick-off 3pm).

The penultimate match of the 2019/20 season sees The Lions meet The R's just one place and two points away from sixth-place Cardiff City, with a chance to break into the top six ahead of Wednesday night's final League matches.

Gary Rowett welcomed Mahlon Romeo back into the fold for Tuesday night's 1-0 success over Blackburn Rovers, and he could retain his place for the trip, with Billy Mitchell waiting in the wings should the manager change things up. Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Ben Thompson and Connor Mahoney stepped off the bench against Tony Mowbray's men and could also be set to feature once more.

Millwall season ticket holders will be able to watch Saturday's game on iFollow with their redeemable code, whilst non-season ticket holders can purchase an iFollow Match Pass to watch all the action from W12. At just £10 for UK subscribers - and £5 for international users - don't delay and buy yours today. Click here to do so.

In the build-up to the game, loanees Ryan Woods and Mason Bennett have both been speaking to - you can watch what they had to say by clicking the relevant links.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Lions lose out in seven-goal thriller

Our take from W12...

18 July 2020

Millwall were defeated in a seven-goal thriller at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Saturday afternoon as Queens Park Rangers won 4-3.

Conor Masterson gave the hosts a first-half lead, but a breathless second-half saw six goals scored - and two for Millwall disallowed.

Matt Smith equalised for The Lions before Ryan Manning and Ebere Eze made the score 3-1, but Shaun Hutchinson's header reduced the arrears on 67 minutes.

Todd Kane nudged Rangers further ahead with 17 minutes remaining, with Jayson Molumby then scoring five minutes into stoppage-time to set up a grandstand finish.

The Lions had the ball in the net again after that, but Hutchinson was ruled to be offside as he headed home what seemed to be a eighth goal of the afternoon and an incredible equaliser.

Gary Rowett opted to field the same squad which beat Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday night, and two of those combined in the second minute to nearly give Millwall the opener, but Hutchinson just missed Jed Wallace's free-kick.

A midfield battle followed from there, but The Lions were to lose Mason Bennett with just 11 minutes played as the attacker required treatment - he had to be replaced by Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Manning and Ilias Chair were potent in attack for QPR and the duo fashioned a couple of chances inside the first 20 minutes, but Millwall's defence stood strong - with substitute Bodvarsson coming extremely close to handing Rowett's side the lead after that, but as he valiantly reached Shane Ferguson's cross at the back post, he headed on to the woodwork.

With 22 minutes played, Bartosz Bialkowski pulled off a fantastic double save to deny Chair and Luke Amos, with the next chance at the other end falling to Tom Bradshaw, but his header was claimed by Joe Lumley.

With two minutes to go until the break, however, the hosts took the lead as Masterson tapped home at the back post after Bialkowski stopped an initial header.

The Lions almost instantly responded, but the trio of Bodvarsson, Bradshaw and Jed Wallace were unable to find the net as the half came to a close.

The second-half - well, where do you begin?

Bialkowski saved from Chair as it began, with substitute Smith firing into the roof of the net for the equaliser on 50 minutes.

Jed Wallace then shot into the arms of Lumley from outside the penalty area, but two minutes later Rangers were back in the lead as Manning's shot evaded everyone to nestle into the far corner of the net.

Bialkowski then got a glove to Osman Kakay's effort and Manning's effort clipped the crossbar, with Chair once more in the action as he was thwarted by Bialkowski once more - but the lead was extended on 62 minutes as Eze found a way to goal.

Two minutes after that the ball was in QPR's net, but the goal was disallowed. Smith's header was stopped on the line by Lumley, with Alex Pearce judged to be offside when following up and tapping home on the line.

Just another two minutes passed until the next piece of action, and it was for The Lions once again, as Hutchinson glanced home Jed Wallace's corner to make the score 3-2.

From there, Millwall knocked on the door but could not find an equaliser, instead succumbing to a fourth QPR goal as substitute Kane stooped to nod into the net on 73 minutes.

Bialkowski had to make a stop from Aramide Oteh as the game began to come to a close, with Smith heading wide from a Ferguson cross before Cooper unleashed a vicious effort which was parried by Lumley, but the action wasn't over there, as five minutes into stoppage-time, Molumby bagged his first goal for the club with an effort from just outside the area.

And then, deep, deep into injury-time it looked as though The Lions had drawn level, but Hutchinson's header, which nestled into the net, was ruled out as the defender was controversially ruled offside.

Queens Park Rangers: Lumley, Kakay, Masterson, Cameron, Barbet, Manning, Amos (Bettache 90+3'), Ball, Shodipo (Kane 72'), Eze, Chair (Oteh 84'). Subs not used: Kelly, Gubbins, Clarke.

Scorer: Masterson 43', Manning 52', Eze 62', Kane 73'

Millwall: Bialkowski, Hutchinson, Cooper, J. Wallace, Bradshaw (Mahoney 57'), Ferguson, Romeo (Smith 46'), Pearce (Mitchell 87'), Leonard (Molumby 57'), Woods, Bennett (Bodvarsson 11'). Subs not used: Steele, M. Wallace, Williams, Thompson.

Scorer: Smith 49, Hutchinson 67', Molumby 90+5'

Booking: Cooper

Referee: James Linington

Advertisement block

Advertisement block