Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 14:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
17 March 2019 Venue The Den Attendance

Kick off 14:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview | Millwall v Brighton & Hove Albion

Last eight tie at The Den...

15 March 2019

Millwall welcome Brighton & Hove Albion to The Den for an Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Final on Sunday afternoon, LIVE on BBC One (kick-off 2pm).

The Lions go into the game in high spirits, having earned a deserved 2-0 victory at Birmingham City in the Sky Bet Championship on Wednesday afternoon, and will now look to seal a place in the Semi-Finals of the world's oldest Cup competition at the expense of the Premier League Seagulls.

Tom Bradshaw and Murray Wallace's injuries mean they will sit out the meeting, whilst Fred Onyedinma, Ben Marshall and Ben Thompson are all Cup-tied. Conor McLaughlin and Jiri Skalak will look to force their way into Neil Harris' squad, whilst the likes of David Martin, Alex Pearce and Ryan Tunnicliffe will aim to keep their places after the midweek win.

Sunday's game is SOLD OUT, with no tickets available to purchase on the day. If you are collecting tickets, then the club strongly advises to arrive in advance to prevent lengthy queues building before kick-off. All the relevant ticketing information ahead of this weekend can be found by clicking here.

If you are unable to make The Den this weekend, then full match commentary will be available on iFollow Millwall, with coverage starting around 1.50pm. UK and international subscribers will be unable to watch all the action on iFollow.

Should you be driving to SE16 this Sunday, please note that strict parking restrictions will be in place in roads surrounding The Den. Please check before you park.

Southwark Foodbank will be continuing their collections under the Millwall Supporters' Club marquee by the Blue Bus. Over 50kg of items were collected at The Lions' last game against Norwich City, but donations are still needed - please click here to find out more.

Lions fan Ayse Smith will be continuing her collections for homeless veterans, whilst Sunday's matchday programme will be on sale around the ground for just £3.

Young Millwall fan Ellice Barr will be a mascot this weekend, and you can read Jed Wallace's thoughts on her cause here, whilst the club's history in the Quarter-Finals of the FA Cup can be seen in our photo gallery.

Meanwhile, Brighton's history in the Cup and our statistical preview come under the spotlight, with The Lions' preparations from Calmont Road caught on camera here.

Lions boss Harris and midfielder Ryan Leonard have been speaking to the press in the build-up, and you can find out what they had to say by clicking the relevant links.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Penalty heartbreak for Millwall

Our report from The Lions' Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Final...

17 March 2019

Millwall's Emirates FA Cup campaign ended in heartbreak on Sunday afternoon as Brighton & Hove Albion won 5-4 on penalties following a 2-2 draw after extra time.

In an eventful game, Alex Pearce and Aiden O'Brien's goals looked to have done the damage in nine second-half minutes, but Jurgen Locadia halved the deficit late on before Solly March's free-kick in the 95th minute meant extra-time.

With no goals in the 30-minute period, nine out of 12 spot-kicks were scored - five for Brighton, sending them to a Wembley Semi-Final.

Neil Harris made two changes for Sunday's game - both enforced - as Shaun Williams and O'Brien, on his 200th Lions appearance, replaced the Cup-tied Ben Thompson and Ben Marshall. Conor McLaughlin and Jiri Skalak, meanwhile, stepped up the bench, whilst Ben Amos took the place of Jordan Archer, who was ill.

In front of a packed-out Den, The Lions made the early running and fashioned a half-chance, but the ball was cleared to safety. Millwall were seeing a lot of the ball, and with three minutes on the clock Mahlon Romeo broke into the box, with the play eventually landing at the feet of Jed Wallace - he was to curl an effort wide, however.

Lee Gregory's skill then saw him go past two Brighton players as The Lions' fantastic and high-tempo start continued, but his half-volley bounced off O'Brien and behind. After Shane Ferguson carried the ball down the line and got the Den crowd on its feet, Jed Wallace's free-kick was whipped in to the head of Jake Cooper, but he nodded into the arms of Mat Ryan.

Brighton's first opportunity came on 15 minutes, but after Anthony Knockaert burst into the penalty area, Ryan Tunnicliffe's booming kick to safety prevented David Martin from being tested.

The Den's atmosphere was getting louder by the minute, and on 26 minutes the roof could have been lifted off with a Millwall goal, but Romeo took one touch too many and the ball was cleared. At the other end, Cooper's clearance found its way to the boot of Beram Kayal, but Martin was well placed to save. Gregory then turned and shot on to the roof of the net as an eventful first-half continued.

Just 11 minutes before the break, Knockaert once again swung over a cross, this time to the head of Kayal, but the attempt as weak and claimed by Martin. Knockaert tried his luck from distance but found the lower tier, whilst Shane Duffy headed wide as the half came to a conclusion.

The second-half was just three minutes old when The Lions could have taken the lead, but after Duffy and Ryan got themselves in a muddle at the back, Gregory was just unable to out-muscle the stopper and roll into an empty net.

With 57 minutes on the clock Kayal opened up his body and curled an attempt towards goal, but Martin parried away, with The Lions' defence stopping any rebound coming the goalkeeper's way. Jed Wallace wa sent through a minute later, but Ryan stood tall and saved.

Williams, captaining the side for the day, then had a chance to break the deadlock on 64 minutes, but following a neat passing move, the Irishman fired straight at Ryan. Ryan Leonard then won possession and slipped in Gregory, but the stopper was out quickly to smother any attempt on goal, knocking the ball behind for a corner - one which Cooper headed wide.

With 20 minutes remaining, The Den erupted - the goal that had escaped the afternoon up to press came, as Pearce powered in a header from a corner for his first goal for the club.

Chris Hughton responded by opting for a double change, with Bernardo heading wide on the edge of the six-yard box as The Seagulls looked to equalise.

With 11 minutes remaining, the lead was doubled. Jed Wallace skipped past two and supplied a low cross into the box for O'Brien, who had the simplest of tasks in tapping home.

Two minutes from time, Brighton substitute Locadia rifled home from close range to reduce the arrears, whilst in four minutes of stoppage-time, the unmarked Jose Izquierdo shot straight at Martin.

It wasn't over there, however, as March's free-kick evaded everyone and dipped into the net in the fifth minute of injury-time.

With attacking threats Jed Wallace and Gregory now off the field, Millwall had to negotiate extra-time with one recognised forward - Steve Morison - on the pitch, and in the 95th minute they were presented with a golden chance as James Meredith's shot looped up into the path of Romeo; he, however, blazed high, wide and not so handsome.

After 109 minutes of football the ball was at the feet of Locadia inside the six-yard box, but the striker could not control properly, with Leonard able to clear to safety. Locadia then fizzed a shot over the bar on 117 minutes, whilst Dale Stephens found the arms of Martin a minute later.

As the clock moved towards the 120-minute mark, Ferguson was shown a straight red card for apparently lashing out at Lewis Dunk.

And so to penalties. Glenn Murray smacked the crossbar to open up, before Williams slotted low to the right of Ryan to put The Lions ahead. Locadia then made no mistake, before Tunnicliffe eased his spot-kick home. March thumped home, with Leonard returning serve. Davy Propper kept the shoot-out going, but Romeo's penalty was saved by Ryan. Stephens then scored, as did Morison, as did Dunk, but Cooper fired over the bar to end the contest and The Lions' heroic run.

Millwall: Martin, Cooper, Williams, J. Wallace (Hutchinson 90+3'), Gregory (Morison 90'), Ferguson, Romeo, Pearce, Tunnicliffe, O'Brien (Meredith 85'), Leonard. Subs not used: Amos, McLaughlin, Elliott, Skalak.

Scorer: Pearce 70', O'Brien 79'

Penalties: Williams (scored), Tunnicliffe (scored), Leonard (scored), Romeo (saved), Morison (scored), Cooper (missed).

Sent Off: Ferguson

Brighton & Hove Albion: Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Stephens, Kayal (Locadia 73'), Knockaert (Izquierdo 73'), Jahanbaksh (March 67'), Murray, Montoya, Propper, Bernardo. Subs not used: Button, Bruno, Bong, Burn.

Scorer: Locadia 88', March 90+5'

Penalties: Murray (missed), Locadia (scored), March (scored), Propper (scored), Stephens (scored), Dunk (scored).

Booking: Bernardo, Montoya

Referee: Christopher Kavanagh

Attendance: 17,137 (2,338)

Advertisement block

Ticket News

SOLD OUT | Millwall v Brighton & Hove Albion


1 March 2019

Millwall take on Brighton & Hove Albion in the Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Finals on Sunday 17th March (kick-off 2pm, LIVE on BBC One) - and all areas of The Den are SOLD OUT.

For all Hospitality enquiries, please contact our Commercial Department on 020 7740 0501.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block